The Nominoichi is Anime North's premiere fan run marketplace. For only a few hours on Friday night, many tables will be set up, and Anime North attendees like you can go shopping for, or be there selling your, used anime items. The Nominoichi is like an anime garage sale without the garage, a flea market without the fleas, Tsukiji fish market without any fish!
The Nominoichi will be on Friday, May 26th, 2017 from 7:00pm to 10:30pm in Hall C at the Toronto Congress Center (TCC)
The Nominoichi is now officially SOLD OUT for 2017
Please note our new location, we have moved to Hall C this year. That's just the first of many changes, so please read this carefully and contact us if you have any questions. The Nominoichi is a marketplace primarily for the sale of used licensed anime merchandise, Although some non-anime items are allowed, the majority of items will be anime. We are never exactly sure what people are going to sell, so we encourage all sellers to post a list on the Anime North Forums. That'll also be the best place to find more information about the Nominoichi, including maps of the interior layout, and if you have any questions or concerns about the Nominoichi it is the best place to get answers.
If you plan to attend this event please remember:
- Sometimes the high temperature outside, combined with the number of people inside, can overwhelm the AC units and the Nominoichi can become uncomfortably hot. We recommend that you dress light, drink water, and be ready to sweat a bit.
- The Nominoichi is also very crowded early in the night. If you are not comfortable with tight crowds then we recommend that you start shopping later in the night. The later you arrive, the fewer people there will be.
- Everything sold at the Nominoichi, even items that are claimed to be new, should considered "used" and sold "as-is". Please be aware and shop smart. Look carefully before you buy. Always talk to the sellers and ask questions first. Only buy something if you are sure it is what you think it is. However, you must not touch, unwrap, or open any merchandise without first asking the sellers for permission. It's not your property until you pay for it!
- While you are welcome to haggle and negotiate with sellers, this is optional and sellers are not obliged to entertain every offer. Sometimes the price listed or quoted will be the final price.
- If you have lost anything, or if you find any lost items, at the Nominoichi please come see us at the staff tables
- Finally, if you have any problems or issues with an item, seller, or anyone during the Nominoichi, please come see us at the staff tables right away. If you think a seller is not following the rules, even if you are not sure, please let us know at the staff tables. The only opportunity to correct a problem at the Nominoichi is during the Nominoichi.
If you wish to join us and go shopping, that's about all you’ll need to know and I look forward to seeing you at the Nominoichi. Otherwise, if you are interested in participating as a seller, you should get comfortable because we have a lot more information to cover.
What can I sell?
Sellers have the option to offer a great variety of items that are of common interest to the average Anime North attendee; including items that may not be "anime", but still fall within the sphere of Anime North fan culture. However, the Nominoichi remains primarily for the sale of licensed anime merchandise. This is defined as something that has been professionally mass produced and includes copyright information. Items under this category include DVD's, figures, manga, collectibles, etc. The Nominoichi also welcomes real doujinshi and classifies them as "anime merchandise".
These real anime items must account for at least 50%, or more, of your total items available for sale. Therefore, at least half of all of your merchandise must be official anime stuff, the remainder of all your other items (when combined) can not exceed 50%.
We call this "the 50-50" rule.
What other items are allowed?
Sellers may also offer official merchandise, or products, only from the following seven categories:
- Fantasy: The Hobbit, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, etc.
- Games: Board, Card, RPG, Miniature, Video, etc.
- Japanese Culture: Language study guides, Tea ceremony items, etc.
- Music: J-pop, J-rock, AKB48, etc.
- Other animated: Disney, Warner Brothers, etc.
- SCI-FI: Star Trek, Star Wars, Star Gate, Doctor Who, etc.
- Super Hero: Avengers, Batman, X-men, etc.
Please note the items listed in each category are only examples, they are not intended to be a full list. Only items that fall under one, or more, of these categories will be permitted.
Can I sell costumes?
You may sell costumes, props, and accessories. These items can be licensed or fan-made. They can be original, modified, or re-sold unaltered. All costume-related items (including clothing, wigs, and shoes) are welcome at the Nominoichi.
Additionally fashion-type clothing is allowed at the Nominoichi. However, this is limited to exclusively Japanese fashion clothing and styles like: Visual Kei, Lolita, Gyaru, Mori Girl, Dolly Kei, Decora, Fairy Kei, and Otome.
What is not allowed?
Things that are not permitted to be sold at the Nominoichi include:
- Counterfeit merchandise and bootlegs
- Food and Drinks
- Props and weapons with a metal blade
In addition to anything that would violate Anime North’s rules, policies, or regulations.
Also, Doll North will be having another Doll Market. Thus, items that could be sold there are not allowed on Nominoichi tables. These items include anything intended for doll use (ABJDs, Pullips, and Blythes.)
Finally, all homemade arts and crafts, all fan comics and drawings, and anything else that could be sold in the Comic Market or Crafter’s Corner will not be allowed at the Nominoichi.
Who can reserve a table?
Only attendees who have regular membership badges (Friday, or Weekend) can reserve a table, or join a group of sellers. If you have a Dealers, Comic Market, Crafters Corner, or Exhibitor badge you are welcome to come in as a buyer after 7:00pm. However, you are not allowed to participate as a seller and can not enter the room before we open.
What about selling in Groups?
If you want to reserve a whole table by yourself, you can. If you want to be in a group you can add one or two people to your sellers list, for a maximum of three people per whole table. If you don't have enough stuff for an entire table, and you don't wish to be in group, you can reserve a half table. Half tables are available for individual sellers only.
How much are tables?
One whole table = One, two, or three sellers = $35
One half table = One seller only = $20
This money is collected on Friday at the Nominoichi.
How do I reserve a table?
The Nominoichi is now officially SOLD OUT for 2017
Tables are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. Sellers receive a confirmation letter with further details, including their Nominoichi XII table number. Once all the tables are assigned a small stand-by list is created, when the stand-by list is full the event is "sold-out". In addition to the table confirmation letter we may send you email about participating in a survey about the Nominoichi.
Q: Are the Tables round?
A: No. They are six feet long by two feet wide. (6' x 2')
Q: If I am part of a group of three sellers can we all get chairs?
A: No. Each table has 2 chairs.
Q: If I am part of a group of sellers do we each pay $35?
A: No. The fee is $35 per table (or $20 per half table) not per seller. It will be collected at the Nominoichi.
Q: Can I request more then one table?
Q: Can I request a whole table and a half table?
Q: Can I request two separate half tables?
Q: If I reserve a whole table do I need to know all the members of my group now?
A: No. Once you have reserved a whole table you may later add, or remove, other members of your group.
Q: Can I reserve a table, then cancel it, then ask to join another seller's group?
A: No. Sellers who cancel their table will not be allowed to participate in the Nominoichi this year.
Q: Does signing up for the Nominoichi include an Anime North membership?
A: No. The Nominoichi is a part of the Anime North convention. To buy, or sell, you must purchase a membership separately.
Q: Can my family, or friends, help me set up my table without buying a membership?
A: No. If you want to bring someone to help you must include their name as a seller, even if they are not selling anything. Only people who are listed as sellers will be permitted into the room during set-up.
Q: Can I reserve a table, or join a group of sellers, if I am under 14 years old?
A: No. You must be at least 14 years of age by May 26, 2017. Additionally anyone under the age of 18 must have written permission from a parent or guardian.
Q: Can I sell whatever I want?
A: No. If you are not sure if an item would be allowed please e-mail us and we can discuss it.
Q: Did you just answer "No" to every question?
Q: Yes you did.
And thanks for your interest and support of the Nominoichi XII.