Toy Display and Model Contest
In 2012, a legend in the British entertainment industry died. The name Gerry Anderson is strongly associated with the Supermarionation legends he created. All of us who were children in the 1960’s grew up watching Supercar, Fireball XL5, Stingray, and the unforgettable THUNDERBIRDS! Even if you were not around to see the original airings of these programs, most of you will have seen them in re-runs. So to honour the life and times of this man, I invite everyone to come and view my tribute to his legacy. There will be toys from almost all of his programs, including a vintage Fireball XL5 which is Canadian made that dates from when XL5 was Gerry's "newest" program. So bring your cameras; you will not be let down.
War veterans charity
Greetings! My name is John Martin. For years I have been putting on the toy displays from my personal collection, as well as with my team running the model contest. Now I turn to you — the attendees — for assistance in a matter that I consider important. I am a member of The Royal Canadian Legion, and we are involved in a drive to collect "zip tabs" from pop and beer cans. These tabs are used to purchase wheelchairs, which are donated to war veterans who need a wheelchair of their own. So please save your zip tabs, bring them to the con and turn them in at the toy display/model contest. I will take the responsibility of seeing that they get to the Legion. On behalf of the veterans that you will help to live fuller more meaningful, lives I thank you.
Model Contest Rules
There is no change from previous years' rules.
- Entrants are limited to one entry each.
- The categories beginner to pro are based on the complexity of the model, not the age of the entrant
- The entrant must do all the work; no team efforts (one person glues and another paints) are allowed.
- While every reasonable effort will be made to ensure security, models are left at the owners risk.
- Photos and videos will be taken of all entries.
- All entrants will be required to sign a waiver acknowledging contest rules.
- All entries must be picked up on the final day of the con (Sunday).