Welcome to the home page for Anime North: Canada's premier fan run Anime convention!
Anime North is an anime convention located in Toronto, Canada that celebrates anime, manga, music, games and all other forms of Japanese Culture!
Anime North will be the weekend of May 27 - 29, 2016 at the Toronto Congress Centre and International Plaza Hotel.
2015 Masquerade Winners
Wednesday, 27 May 2015 01:31
Thank You To All Our Attendees
Wednesday, 27 May 2015 00:55
Thank you to all our attendees. We hope everyone had an awesome time. We look forward to seeing you all again for Anime North 2016 on May 27-29.
2015 Costume Workmanship Contest Winners
Tuesday, 26 May 2015 23:43
The winners of the 2015 Costume Workmanship Contest are:
- AMI WINTER UNIFORM (Intermediate) - Best in Division: Intermediate
- GUILD WAR ENGINEER (Master) - Best Weathering
- ESCHA MALIER (Novice) - Excellence in Technique
- MUNAKATA REISI (Novice) - Honourable Mention for Jacket Construction
- SAKURA FROM TSUBASA CHRONICLE (Master) - Excellence in Embellishments
- ZYLVEON (Intermediate) - Armour Design and Finishing
- PRINCESS BUBBLEGUM FROM ADVENTURE TIME (Novice) - Honourable Mention for Best Colour Choices
- FRAN - FINAL FANTASY 12 (Master) - Best in Division: Master
- SAKURA KINOMOTO (Novice) - Best in Division: Novice
- BILBO BAGGINS (Intermediate) - Screen Accurate Reproduction
- PERSONA 3 (Novice) - Cleanest Construction
- SONA (Novice) - Applique Application
- VICTORIAN HARLEY QUINN (Novice) - Best Original Costume
Also, photos from the Costume Workmanship Contest are available at https://www.flickr.com/gp/86609134@N00/06Gg27
Thanks to all who participated!
Masquerade Registration Options
Friday, 22 May 2015 00:32
The Saturday Masquerade has some new options this year.
First, there are two options to sign up this year.
- Option 1: Paper Entry Form. This is the same form used in previous years.
- Option 2: NEW - Google Form and Signed Agreement to Rules Form.
In both cases, you are not registered until all group members have signed the Masquerade rules acknowledging that you have read, and agree to abide by, all masquerade rules, and it has been accepted and reviewed by Masquerade staff.
Read the Entry Form section of the Saturday Masquerade page for more information.
Second, with the move to the North Building of the TCC, we will be providing a bag check and changing rooms. Participants will be able to drop off their costumes and props starting at 10:00 AM on Saturday at the North Building of the TCC and will be able to change there instead of walking over in costume. The bag check room will close 30 minutes after the Masquerade ends so all items must be retrieved by then.
Special Presentation by the Consulate General of Japan in Toronto
Thursday, 21 May 2015 23:48
The Consulate General of Japan in Toronto is running a special presentation on Friday in the Halton Room of the International Plaza. Get fascinating insights into must-go-and-see places and trends in Japan with a light reception with free refreshments will follow.
Changes to Photo ID Requirement
Thursday, 21 May 2015 03:59
The requirement for photo ID for pre-registered badge pick up that was announced in an e-mail earlier today has been dropped due to insufficient time given to attendees to prepare for this. David Simmons, Head of Registration, apologizes for any worries that this may have caused.
Convention Shuttle Buses
Tuesday, 19 May 2015 22:50
Did you know that Anime North offers complimentary shuttle transfer between the Toronto Congress Center (TCC) and most official hotels?
All shuttle buses are large 48 passenger school buses running continuously during peak times all weekend. For the route, schedule, and to see if you are eligible for this server, check out the Location/Transportation page.
Geeky Speed Dating
Tuesday, 19 May 2015 22:50
Find Geek Love this Anime North!
Single? Come mingle! Geeky Speed Dating is for all the fanboys and fangirls who have yet to meet their special someone.
Advance Sales of Anime North Admissions are Over
Monday, 18 May 2015 17:19
Weekend and Saturday admissions for Anime North 2015 have sold out (and will not be available at the door of the con)
About 2,800 Friday and 1,800 Sundays admissions will be available for purchase at the door of the con. Sunday admissions will only be sold on Sunday - they cannot be purchased on Friday or Saturday.
Page 1 of 10«StartPrev12345678910NextEnd»